Lung Foundation Australia has developed the following training programs:
Learn about COPD, identify patients with COPD, manage patients with COPD and develop self-management plans with patients.
- Case studies and videos
- Interactive features
- Care plans and the Medical Benefits Schedule
- Downloadable assessment tools and patient handouts
- Quizzes to test your knowledge
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Training Online is an interactive online training program for health care professionals to increase their skills and confidence in the delivery of evidence-based pulmonary rehabilitation, regardless of where they live in Australia.
The training includes modules focusing on:
- Establishing a Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program;
Patient assessment including:
- Patient history;
- Assessing exercise capacity;
- Assessing quality of life;
- Exercise training;
- Patient education; and
- Program evaluation.
The interactive online training program will include:
- Downloadable tools and resources;
- Quizzes to test knowledge; and
- Interactive features.
Disease Management & Training
A new online training program is currently being developed for pharmacy to increase the knowledge, confidence and skills of pharmacists on how to:
- Promote lung health
- Implement a COPD screening and disease management service within the pharmacy practice
- Work effectively with other members of the multi-disciplinary health care team for patients with COPD
- Educate patients on COPD
- Educate patients on evidence-based COPD management
- Participate in the management of COPD patients
- Motivate patients to engage in self-management practices for COPD, including the quality use of medicines
This training is being developed in consultation with peak pharmacy organisations, COPD clinical experts and pharmacists working in community pharmacy.
Lungs in Action is a safe, enjoyable, low cost exercise maintenance program for people with stable chronic lung conditions who have completed a pulmonary rehabilitation program, and is also suitable for people with NYHA Class II and III heart failure who have completed heart failure rehabilitation.
The aim of Lungs in Action is to extend the benefits of rehabilitation by providing a safe environment in which those with stable chronic disease can maintain physical and social activities.
To find out more information about the Lungs in Action training options currently available visit www.lungsinaction.com.au