COPD National Program
The Lung Foundation has organised a national, collaborative program to tackle COPD. The program aims to reduce the impact of COPD in Australia by:
- Developing resources to support health professionals in diagnosis and best practice management of COPD;
- Developing programs to educate and support those with COPD and their carers
- Raising funds to support research into COPD
- Advocating at all levels of government on behalf of those with COPD
- Raising community awareness and understanding of COPD
The Lung Foundation COPD Program is guided by a dedicated group of experts that includes physicians, nurses, general practitioners, allied health professionals, patient advocates and educators.
So while a diagnosis of COPD can be an isolating and frightening experience, it is important to remember that there is a whole network of people who are working towards helping those with COPD to put the wind back in their sails.